Friday, October 1, 2010

Slow cooker Meals: Potato Leek Chicken Thighs

Chicken thighs skinned and trimmed well

Leeks washed really good because they are sandy, and sliced

Slow cooker

Taters

Sliced and with the leeks

Chicken stock in a box

The soup mix

Here it is all assembled

And the final product :) I only needed to add salt-n-pepper
So yesterday I did one of the slow cooker meals and it was pretty good. It took longer than the recipe said(for my slow cooker at least) and you can check the recipe HERE. It is Potato leek chicken thighs. It was really easy and very tasty. I made some variations to it though. I used boxed chicken stock instead of water and I used onion soup mix instead of the leek soup. My local grocery store didn't carry leek soup mix so I choose onion. It was still very good. Well worth trying out! Another tip: make sure you trim your chicken thighs VERY WELL...no skin or excess fat. Serve with a veggie side or a salad, salt n pepper to taste and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you have tried this recipe or who like to comment, please do so! I love reading your comments and reviews!