Friday, November 12, 2010

Taco Soup

Yesterday I was wearing my flip-flops! Today many layers and hats and scarves and coats on this rainy-dark-cold-day! So today I decided it was time for an old family FAVORITE !!! TACO SOUP!
You need: 4-6(or more dep. on fam. size) for our family we use 6-8cans of various beans-use whatever you like!
1 can of Mexi-corn or reg corn
1 lbs or ground beef or turkey(or for a no meat option leave out)
1 packet o f Taco seasoning
1 packet of dry ranch seasoning
Grated cheese
Sour cream
Tortilla Chips

Brown Meat,if using, sometimes at this point I add garlic and/or onions but totally optional
 Add cans of beans and corn and at this step you can add the liquid in the can or drained and add water back to the pan. Up to you :)
Add seasoning packets.

Bring to a boil and simmer. Sometimes I simmer for 20 min. or up to 2 hours. This again is totally up to you and it doesn't change the soup except adding more flavor!
Serve topped with cheese and sour cream and dip tortilla chips or crush on top of soup. ENJOY!!! 
This versatile recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law and we have loved it ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you have tried this recipe or who like to comment, please do so! I love reading your comments and reviews!