Saturday, January 28, 2012

Easy Roasted Veggies

Hello! I apologize for how long it's been since I last blogged! Life has been so busy with 2 older kids who are almost teens. They have a lot going on after school and then school work. I also have a toddler and a newborn who need my attention plus my hubby to connect with :) whew!!! A lot, I know right? So one easy thing I like to do is roast up veggies with dinner. I do this quite often, at least 7 times per month. My family LOVES them. The standard mix I use is zucchini, yellow Squash, onions, sweet potatoes. Sometimes I add sweet bell peppers, tomatoes & thinly sliced carrots. The thing to remember is that some veggies cook faster than others so you will have to cut or dice accordingly. Once you cut your veggies & put them in a large bowl, preheat your oven to 425( very warm!) drizzle a nice amount of extra virgin olive oil and some sea salt, pepper, & any other seasoning that you like. Give it a good mix and pour onto a cookie sheet. Sometimes I have had to use 2 :) place into oven for 20 min or until veggies are tender. Enjoy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you have tried this recipe or who like to comment, please do so! I love reading your comments and reviews!