Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lasagna for Dinner UPDATE!

OK today I would like to talk about LASAGNA! My last lasagna post was about if I could not OR could make a decent delish lasagna. Well I may have succeeded... It's of off the back of a Barilla No Boil Flat Home-style Lasagna Noodles. It is very good and it also passed the leftover test in my house! I know that if my family will eat it a day or two later and STILL comment on how good it is, then it's a KEEPER!
Keep in mind that if you wanted to use whole wheat no boil noodles you can and they do make them. No boil makes it much easier and faster for week night dinner.
Also my Hubby doesn't like soft cheeses so I omitted that and the eggs and used shredded cheddar and mozzarella. You can find this recipe on the back of the box too!

Ingredients:  1 box of Barilla no boil lasagna.2 eggs.1 15 oz container of ricotta. 4 cups shredded mozzarella(divided).1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. 1lbs of Italian sausage or ground beef(brown, crumble & drain). 2 jars of your fav sauce.

Preparation: Preheat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray. in medium bowl mix ricotta and egg.stir in the parm and half the mozzarella. 

To Assemble: When layering lasagna, slightly overlap noodles. The noodles will expand during cooking. Be sure to seal in the edges so that during the cooking. 
Layer in the following order *this is where I did my own thing because I didn't use the ricotta filling* but this is what the box says...
  1. Spread 1 cup sauce on bottom of pan.
  2. layer 4 UNCOOKED sheets, 1/3 ricotta mix, half browned meat, 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup sauce.
  3. layer 4 uncooked sheets, 1/3 ricotta mix, and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
  4. layer 4 uncooked sheets, the remaining ricotta and meat and 1 cup sauce.
  5. layer 4 uncooked sheets, remaining sauce and cheese. 
Bake covered for 50-60 minutes, uncover and cook 5 min or till cheese if fully melted. 12 servings. SO EASY and GOOD! If you try this and like to share how it turned out...POST in comment box! :) Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you have tried this recipe or who like to comment, please do so! I love reading your comments and reviews!